Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is White Hatred The New Racism?

I would not keep bringing this subject up but this new administration seems to have a love affair with their racism and they can’t let it go.

Remember during the campaign how the left kept gloating about how Obama’s election to the presidency will change everything? They referred to him as the “post racial” president. The implication was that, finally, racism will end in America.

One commenter took me to task for attempting to wrongly attribute racial bias to Obama. In my post, Racism Is Alive And Well In America, it is evident that this president, even on inauguration day and amid all his happycrap blather about “coming together,” and “unity,” cannot let racism die.

And then suddenly, to add insult to injury, this new story surfaced. Barack’s economic advisor, former Labor Secretary, Robert Reich made this statement about the proposed economic stimulus plan:
  • "I am concerned, as I'm sure many of you are, that these jobs not simply go to high school people who are already professionals or to white male construction workers. I have nothing against white male construction workers. I'm just saying that there are a lot of other people who have needs as well.
    And therefore, in my remarks, I have suggested to you, and I'm certainly happy to talk about it more, ways in which the money can be -- criteria can be set so that the money does go to others. The long- term unemployed, minorities, women, people who are not necessarily construction workers or high skilled professionals."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Class (and race) warfare at its best!

hymns that preach said...

Stan,

It's good to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

Ralph,
It's good to be back, even if only in a limited capacity.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget...only white people can be racist. I remember that some "celebrity" said something like that a few years ago. The rationale was that only white people have the wealth and power to take action based on their their hatred, so minorities cannot be called racist, no matter how much they hate white people.

hymns that preach said...

Jayson,

Thanks for pointing that out. I never thought of it that way. So if I am understanding this right, these black haters of whites cannot possibly be racists because they have black skin. And all white guys are racists just because. Right?

I stand corrected and humbly apologize.

By the way, I wonder what that makes Robert Reich?

Anonymous said...

Rev. Wright is NOT a racist.
Rev. Lowery is NOT a racist.
Michelle Obama is NOT a racist.
Barack Obama is only HALF racist.

Daisy said...

Racism began 30 seconds after Hamed at the Tower of Babel discovered that Jaraboum couldn't undersand him and thus had to be stupid.

It doesn't matter what color, what race, what language, sinful man will always try to elevate himself at the expense of another.