Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Saber Rattling" Doesn't Work With Terrorists

Here's an update on my problem with the crows that were "terrorizing" us for weeks.

Prior to the writing of this post, I had taken several shots at them to no avail. Obviously, "shooting across the bow" didn't bother them. They scattered temporarily but always came back in full force.

Then I hit one. That's all it took; one single, direct hit. One crow dropping like a lead balloon. Once the band of terrorists figured out that I was serious, they vanished.

I'm actually kind of dissappointed. I come home every afternoon, load up and go outside hoping to line one up in my scope. But no, there are none. They haven't been back since the kill.



There might be a lesson here for liberals in charge of our national security. Terrorists don't respect weakness or symbolic finger wagging. Terrorists only respect "big sticks."

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Too bad that doesn't work with democrats. Guess the free eats in the corn field are just too addicting.

Ellery said...

The Birds are a little bit scary. (underline)The Birds is a little bit scary too.

hymns that preach said...

That's funny Ellery. When I was searching for the image of the birds, I found a movie poster that said, "The Birds Is Coming." I had to do a double take on that one.

Ron Livesay said...

You mean a "strongly-worded letter" won't do it? (Sorry... I originally put this comment on the wrong post.)